St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner, and what better way to celebrate than with a delicious Irish Whiskey Sour? This cocktail is a classic for a reason, with its perfect balance of sweet and sour flavors. Here is the perfect recipe to try out this St. Patrick’s Day:
- 2 oz. Irish whiskey
- 1 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 oz. simple syrup
- 1 egg white
- 2 dashes of Angostura bitters
- Combine the Irish whiskey, fresh lemon juice, simple syrup, and egg white in a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice to the shaker and shake vigorously for about 10-15 seconds. This will help to froth up the egg white and create a creamy texture.
- Strain the mixture into a rocks glass filled with ice.
- Top with 2 dashes of Angostura bitters.
- Garnish with a lemon twist or cherry if desired.
- Make sure to use fresh lemon juice for the best flavor. Bottled lemon juice may be convenient, but it won’t give you the same fresh taste.
- If you’re not a fan of raw egg whites, you can use pasteurized egg whites instead. These are available in cartons at most grocery stores and are a safe alternative.
- For an extra St. Patrick’s Day twist, you can add a drop or two of green food coloring to the cocktail shaker before adding the ice.
The Irish Whiskey Sour is a perfect cocktail for St. Patrick’s Day celebrations, or any time you’re in the mood for a delicious whiskey sour. With its creamy texture and perfect balance of sweet and sour flavors, it’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser. So grab your cocktail shaker and give this recipe a try!